User interaction with cyber-physical systems presents challenges of complexity and scale together with opportunities for exploiting the feature rich affordances of the environment, such as wearable haptic devices together with voice and gesture interactions, as well as ambient interfaces. Managing these challenges and opportunities require new approaches to engineering user experience design into cyber-physical systems, that are adaptive and usable.
- STRETCH: Socio-Technical Resilience for Enhancing Community Healthcare(Project)
- The influence of cognitive style, design setting and cultural background on sketch-based ideation by novice interaction designers (The Design Journal)
- Interaction Design: beyond human-computer interaction (Book, 4th edition)
- Visual Simple Transformations: Empowering End-Users to Wire Internet of Things Objects (TCHI, 2017)
- Logging you, Logging me: A Replicable Study of Privacy and Sharing Behaviour in Groups of Visual Lifeloggers (Journal)
- Engineering Adaptive Model-Driven User Interfaces (TSE Journal, 2016)